- This event has passed.
(CO) Chalkbeat’s 2019 Legislative Preview
January 3 @ 8:00 am - 9:30 am MST
Join us for our annual discussion of key education topics likely to surface during the upcoming legislative session. We’ll hear directly from legislators about how they plan to address school funding, accountability, and mental health needs — and how the new Democratic majority changes the political dynamic under the Golden Dome. A Q&A will follow the discussion.
Panelists will include:
- State Sen.-elect Paul Lundeen, R-Monument, chair of the Interim School Finance Committee
- State Sen. Nancy Todd, D-Aurora, chair of the Senate Education Committee
- State Sen. Rachel Zenzinger, D-Arvada, Joint Budget Committee
- State Rep. Barbara McLachlin, D-Durango, chair of the House Education Committee
- A fifth panelist will be announced soon.
Early bird tickets are available for $15 through Dec. 19. Starting Dec. 20, tickets will be $18.
Coffee and a light breakfast will be available starting at 7:30 a.m.