In 2007, when Sen. Barack Obama was running for president, he visited the public schools here in flat, sandy Dillon County, part of South Carolina’s so-called “Corridor of Shame,” a poor region that stretches from north to south along Interstate 95. Obama toured the old J.V. Martin Middle School, part of which dated to 1896 and was still in use.Read More
search our site
Study: Low-Income Kindergartners Are Catching UpAug 29, 2016
- I Love This Cutting-Edge School Design
- LIVE STREAM: Private School Choice: How Do Programs Nationwide Stack Up?
- Personalized Learning: Enabling Voice and Choice Through Projects
- Charter Schools Trashed on HBO’s ‘Last Week Tonight with John Oliver’
- Donald Trump Speaks About School Choice and Education Reform